Wednesday, March 12, 2014

HOW TO COVER AN OLD SHOE WITH ANKARA/CLOTH (PHOTOS)

Hello dearies...
This is a tutorial/pictorial on how to cover your old shoe with a cloth, eg ankara wrapper material etc. I did the original post on my other blog in case you want to check it out, here is the link here




more

Here is ''how to'' revamp an old shoe or clutch in to a beautiful ankara clutch bag and shoe. Its a pictorial so don't worry. It's easy!

Things you will need.
The shoe you want to cover,
Ankara material,
Glue and a scissors

I will be using my OLD Fioni shoe here, I had not worn it in a while and when I did, it was acting up so I decided to change its look

.
Apply glue to the heels vigorously like this.( there are different types of glue you can actually use)




Now attach your ankara to it just like this.





Pls permit my camera, fold the edge b4 attaching






and viola,,, the heel's done.
 





To the body of the shoe, do same, apply the glue to it and then attach the ankara to it and smoothen it with ur fingers gently.
Trim off excess material and apply the glue beneath fold the excess under.








Half done, here is the trickest part. The ankara might just stop somewhere, dont panic. Just fold the edge of another piece and attach neatly.





Attach it neatly and remember folding the edges b4 attaching it to the glue/shoe... Like this








Almost there









Way to go, its coming up, now if its a sandals with straps, u ll need to cover them up nicely too.





And tada, here s the finished look.
hihi I tried




And with an old clutch I matched  it with to Church .)







This is me rocking this Fioni Shoe in Dakar, Senegal some time ago when it was new.







I hope you ll try it out and let me know how it came out and also feel free to ask questions where you don't understand. I will be glad to explain.
This was my first attempt, I have made lots of these and sold. You know the saying right? It keeps getting better, practice makes perfect and I have been doing a great job at them. Well stay tuned for upcoming tutorials of other things!
Bissous
Jenny





No comments: