Wednesday, May 7, 2014

How to cook Egussi Soup In Pictures.

Hi everyone, how have you been? Well here is how I cook my egussi soup. Been wanting to do this post and I am glad I finally did.
The list of Ingredients
Egussi
green leaves
crayfish
onions
dry fish
ponmo\canda
meat
stock fish and dry fish
periwinkles\isam
red\palm oil
pepper, salt nad maggi to taste
Its a pictorial so grab your seat n enjoy. I have various ways of cooking my egussi soup but I prefer this one.



Picture of general ingredients needed

More on the inside!




clearer view of ingredients, here I have already steamed the meat n ponmo I will use.


I use the stock from the steamed meat to mix the grounded egussi to a thick paste as you can see.


while doing that, I put the quantity of palm oil in the pot medium  heat


 and I put onions and then pour in my mixed egussi without stirring, I let it stay on medium heat until it looks like this(next pic)


At this point you ll notice that the egussi has changed from what you saw before. I now stir it so it doesnt stick to the pot.


 the palm oil has been incorporated in the egussi


 it should be like this


after noticing its done, i put my crayfish and maggi, salt n pepper.


put in my stock fish


the periwinkle goes in as well


I also put in my meat and ponmo with the remaining stock


and I stir to mix in everything.


 you needed to be around my house to percieve the aroma coming from my kitchen


when my soup is almost done, I now put in the vegetable. Here I used ugwu( pumkin leave)


the green leaf is always the last ingredient to go into my soups


because its vegetable and doesnt need over cooking (in order to retain the vitamins n nutrients) notice how the greenish colour is retained? Appetising.



And tada, thats how I cook my own egussi soup.I know there are many other ways.

This method has never failed me.Anybody who has ever eaten my egussi soup confesses of how delicious it tastes.
Have a great time trying this out.
Bissous
Jenny

No comments: